Trinity Episcopal Church
484 Lime Rock Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
The Rev. Heidi Truax, Rector
What to expect
Clergy, staff, vestry
"Walk the walk"
Music and Art
Sports & recreation
The Trinity Times
Historic Trinity Lime Rock ....
Parishioner (and former Treasurer) Bob Reid has graciously made these archival photos of Trinity Lime Rock in various stages of its history available to us.
NOTE: These photos have been scanned at a relatively high resolution (compared with most web graphics) because we think that people interested in the history of our parish and our area may want to download and possibly reproduce them on an inkjet printer. Hence, they are shown in thumbnail formal. Click on the image to see the photo full size, which will exceed the viewing dimensions of all but the largest monitors (although most browsers will automatically resize the picture).
1. A postcard bearing a 1910 postmark. Note the ivy on the front wall, and the Trinity Crosses along the peak of the roof.
2. A later picture, probably dating from the 1950s (based on noticeable color shift in the photograph). Note the ivy has been removed and a new planting has been started. Note also that one of the Trinity Crosses remains in place. (Perhaps it is this example that can be seen today in Walker Hall). The mounting bracket for the second cross is visible, but the cross clearly has been taken down by the time this photograph was made.
3. A more recent picture, possibly circa 1985 - 1990, of Trinity Lime Rock in Winter. Walker Hall is visible at the right, and the hemlock trees have attained nearly their present height. Note that none of the original Trinity Crosses remain visible along the peak of the roof.
Thanks to Bob for permission to use these photographs. Do other parishioners have pictures they would like to share? Please contact the Webmaster!
to go to our main History page.